Barberton, Mpumalanga Province, South Africa
Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund - R 2.1-mil
African Pioneer Mining - R 3.5-mil
National Development Agency - R 1.4-mil
Barberton Mines - R 2.8-mil
2002 to Present
Setting up a jewellery manufacturing & training project – downstream beneficiation.
Establishing tourism art and trade centre and Espresso Coffee Shop.
Establishment of most successful high-end jewellery project in SA – LOSA Jewels (London – South Africa).
- Huge impact on training of rural HDIs;
- Tourism award received for contribution to tourism for Barberton and sales for local artists;
- Represented Mpumalanga at the world summit for sustainable development;
- Hailed as the best practice LED project for Mpumalanga;
- Two learners produced designs selected for African Pioneer Mining export jewellery range.